The Toronto Blue Jays Custom Jersey Green Bay Packers finished the 2017 campaign with a 7-9 record, just the third losing season in Green Bay in the last 26 seas http://www.ebaseballfans.com/Toronto-Blue-Jays-Custom-Jersey ons
The Green Bay Packers finished the 2017 campaign with a 7-9 record, just the third losing season in Green Bay in the last 26 seasons.
- The Packers did not make the postseason for the first time since 2008, ending the run of eight consecutive trips to the playoffs, a franchise record.
- After the last losing season, Green Bay responded with four consecutive 10-plus-win seasons.
- The Packers started the 2017 campaign 4-1, marking the fourth time since 2006 that Green Bay won at least four of its first five games (5-0 in 2015 / 5-0 in 2011 / 4-1 in 2007).
Aaron Rodgersled the NFL with 13 touchdown passes in the first five weeks of the season, while his 104.1 passer rating ranked No. 5, his 1,367 passing yards ranked No. 4, his 126 completions ranked No. 4 and his 66.7 completion percentage ranked No. 8 (min. 125 pass att.).
- Green Bay came back to win from 14-plus points down in Weeks 3 and 5 (vs. Cincinnati and at Dallas). According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the Packers had not recorded two comeback wins of 14-plus points in a three-game span in the same season since 1989 (Sept. 17 vs. New Orleans and Oct. 1 vs. Atlanta). They also came back from 14 points down in Week 14 at Cleveland, marking the first time in team history that the Packers recorded three comeback wins from 14-plus points down in a single season.
- On the second offensive drive in Week 6 at Minnesota, Rodgers suffereed a collarbone injury that would put him on injured reserve, and he would only play in one more game (Week 15 at Carolina) the rest of the season.
Brett Hundleymade his first career start in place of Rodgers in Week 7 vs. New Orleans.
- Hundley rec Men’s Customized Toronto Blue Jays Majestic Scarlet Fashion Canada Day Red Flex Base Authentic Jersey orded a rushing touchdown in each of his first two career starts (Weeks 7 and 9), becoming the first Packers quarterback to accomplish the feat since 1940.
- The Packers lost the first three starts under Hundley, but then won three of the next five.
- Rookie RB
Aaron Jonesrushed for the game-winning 20-yard touchdown in overtime of the Week 13 win vs. Tampa Bay. Jones became only the second Packers player all-time to score a rushing touchdown in overtime (Jim Hargrove, October 18, 1987).
- In the Week 14 victory at Cleveland, Hundley completed 35 of 46 passes for 265 yards, three touchdowns, zero interceptions and a passer rating of 111.2. His completion percentage of 76.1 was the best single-game mark in team history among quarterbacks with 35-plus completions.
- In Week 15 at Carolina, Rodgers returned, but the Packers came up short, losing by a touchdown. Hundley returned to the helm for final two games of the season.
- Hundley tied Matt Flynn (three) for the second-most games with a 100-plus passer rating by a quarterback in his first nine starts for Green Bay (Rodgers, five) among quarterbacks who made their first start for the Packers since 1960.
- Green Bay won three games in overtime (Weeks 3, 13 and 14) during the 2017 season, the most by the Packers in a single season in franchise history. Green Bay’s three overtime wins this season were tied for the second most in a season since the NFL added an OT period in 1974, trailing only the 2011 Arizona Cardinals (four wins).
This is an abbreviated version of the Dope Sheet. Read the full version here (PDF)
2017 SEASON REVIEW
- The Packers registered overtime wins in back-to-back games (Weeks 13-14) for the first time in team history.
Davante Adamsled the Packers with 74 receptions, 885 receiving yards (12.0 avg.) and 10 receiving touchdowns, marking his second consecutive season with 10-plus receiving touchdowns (12 in 2016). He joined Jordy Nelson(2014, 2016), Antonio Freeman (1997-98), Sterling Sharpe (1992-94) and Don Hutson (1941-43) as the only players in franchise history to register 10-plus TD catches in consecutive seasons.
Blake Martinezfinished with a team-high 158 tackles (107 solo). Dating back to 1975, it is the 14th time and first time since A.J Blue Jays Custom Jersey Cheap . Hawk (153) in 2013 that a Green Bay player has reached 150 tackles in a season.
Clay Matthewsled the Packers in sacks (7.5) for a franchise-record seventh time this season (2009-14, 2017). With 80.0 career sacks, he also moved past DE Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila (74.5) to set the team record.
- Dating back to 1940, it was just the fifth time that Green Bay had four players with 250-plus rushing yards (
Jamaal Williams, 556 yards / Jones, 448 yards / Ty Montgomery, 273 / Hundley, 270) in a single season (1986, 1976, 1969, 1947).
GRINDING GROUND GAME
- It was the first time the Packers had two rookie RBs with 400-plus rushing yards in a season. Williams and Jones ranked No. 6 and 9, respectiveley, in rushing yards among NFL rookie RBs in 2017.
- For the first time since 1933 (Buckets Goldenberg and Bob Monnett), Green Bay had two rookie running backs with three-plus touchdowns each (Williams, four / Jones, four).
- This was the first time since 1985 that the Packers had three different running backs (Williams, six / Jones, four / Montgomery, four) with four-plus touchdowns in a season (Jessie Clark, Gerry Ellis, Eddie Lee Ivery).
- Green Bay ranked No. 5 in the NFL in rushing average during the 2017 season.
- Green Bay had four 160-yard rushing games this season, tied for No. 7 in the NFL.
- Over the last 14 seasons (2004-17), the only season the Packers have had more 160-yard rushing games was in 2013 (six).
- Over the last seven games (Weeks 11-17) of the season, Williams made the first seven starts of his career and ranked No. 9 among running backs in yards from scrimmage over that span (672).
- Williams was the first Green Bay rookie to have three consecutive games with 115-plus yards from scrimmage (Weeks 12-14) since Billy Howton in 1952.
- Williams recorded a rushing touchdown in three consecutive games (Weeks 12-14), the longest streak of rushing touchdowns by a Green Bay player since RB Eddie Lacy recorded a rushing touchdown in three straight games in 2014 (Weeks 14-16), according to pro-footballreference. com.
- According to pro-football-reference, Williams ranks No. 4 among Packers rookie running backs in both yards from scrimmage and rushing yards (since 1920).
- Williams was the first Packers rookie since Ellis in 1980 with five-plus touchdowns over a three-game span (Weeks 12-14).
- Williams, Kansas City RB Kareem Hunt and New Orleans RB Alvin Kamara were the only rookie running backs to have two games with both a rushing and receiving touchdown in 2017. Williams is the only rookie in franchise history to have two games with both a rushing and receiving touchdown (according to the Elias Sports Bureau).
- QB Brett Hundley became the first quarterback in team history (since 1940) to register a rushing touchdown in both of his first two career starts with the Packers (according to the Elias Sports Bureau).
- In Week 7, Jones reached 131 yards in 17 carries (7.7 avg.), the fewest number of carries needed by a Green Bay rookie in a 125-yard rushing game.
- Jones was tied for No. 4 in the NFL with two 125-yard rushing games during the 2017 regular season.
- Jones joined Lacy and John Brockington in a tie for the most 125-yard rushing games in a season by a Green Bay rookie.
- In Week 13, Williams (career-high 113 rushing yards) and Hundley (career-best 66 rushing yards) marked the first time the Packers (since 1933) featured a 100-yard rusher and QB with 65-plus rushing yards in the same game (according to the Elias Sports Bureau).
- Green Bay rushed for 199 yards on 29 carries (6.9 avg.) in Week 13, just the sixth time since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger that the Packers have rushed for 199-plus yards on fewer than 30 attempts.
- According to the Elias Sports Bureau, Williams was the first Green Bay rookie to register 120-plus yards from scrimmage in back-to-back games (Weeks 12-13) since Brockington in 1971, and was the first Green Bay running back since Ahman Green in 2006 (Weeks 8-9).
- Williams and Jones became just the second pair of Green Bay rookie running backs (Johnathan Franklin and Lacy in 2013) to both have a 100-yard rushing game in the same season (according to the Elias S Custom Blue Jays Jersey ports Bureau).
- According to STATS, the Packers ranked No. 2 in the NFL in 2017 in percentage of rushes gaining 4-plus yards (174 of 359).
- The Packers’ 48.2 percentage was the best by Green Bay since STATS started tracking the statistic in 1995.
ODDS AND ENDS
- Hundley registered a passer rating of 110-plus in three of his five road starts in 2017 (110.8 at Chicago, 134.3 at Pittsburgh, 111.2 at Cleveland). He was tied for the third-most road games with a 110-plus passer rating during the 2017 season.
- Hundley tied Aaron Rodgers (2009) for the second-most consecutive road starts with a passer rating of 110-plus (Rodgers, six in 2011) in franchise history.
- Hundley was the first NFL quarterback since Atlanta Falcons QB Matt Ryan vs. Carolina on Oct. 2, 2016, to have three touchdown passes of 35-plus yards in a game (Week 12 at Pittsburgh).
- Hundley ranked No. 1 among NFL quarterbacks in yards per carry (7.50) during the 2017 regular season (min. 20 att.).
- According to STATS, Hundley ranks No. 1 among Packer quarterbacks in yards per carry in a single season since 1950 (min. 20 att.), surpassing Tobin Rote, who averaged 6.88 yard per carry in 1951.
- The Packers registered 3,532 gross passing yards in 2017, with 1,909 coming in the form of yards after the catch. According to Sport Radar, Green Bay ranked No. 2 in the NFL during the 2017 season with 54.0 percent of passing yards coming from YAC (New Orleans, 54.4). It was the fourth time in the previous six seasons that the Packers ranked in the top 10 in the category (No. 8 in 2015, No. 4 in 2013, No. 5 in 2012).
- Green Bay recorded 24 of its 37 sacks in the final eight games of the season. The Packers ranked No. 4 in the NFL in sacks in Games 9-16.
- The Packers’ 24 sacks over the final eight contests were tied for the fourth most they have recorded in Games 9-16 since 1982.
- The Packers registered seven sacks in Week 13, the most by Green Bay since recording seven vs. Kansas City on Sept. 28, 2015.
- The Packers tied for No. 7 in the NFL in opponent fumbles recovered (11) in 2017 (Chicago, 14 / Detroit, Tampa Bay, 13 / Baltimore, Jacksonville, Philadelphia, 12 / Carolina, Dallas, 11).
Dean Lowryreturned a fumble 62 yards for a touchdown in Week 13, marking the longest by a Packer since DE Keith McKenzie’s 88-yard fumble return for a touchdown at Pittsburgh on Nov. 9, 1998.
- Green Bay had six players with four-plus touchdowns this season, tied for No. 1 in the NFL in 2017 and the most the Packers have had since 2011.
Damarious Randallrecorded an interception in three consecutive games (Weeks 5-7), the first Packer to do so since CB Casey Hayward in 2012 (Weeks 5-7). A fumble recovery vs. Detroit marked his fourth consecutive game with a turnover.
- Randall had four interceptions on the season, surpassing his career high set in 2015 and 2016. Randall joined Ace Loomis (1951-53), Bobby Dillon (1952-54), Val Joe Walker (1953-55), Ken Ellis (1970-72) and Tim Lewis (1983-85) as the only Packers (since 1940) with three-plus INTs in each of their first three seasons in the NFL.
- Randall tied for No. 12 in the NFL with four interceptions.
- LB Blake Martinez finished No. 1 on the Packers with 158 total tackles (101 solo) in 2017. Dating back to 1975, it was the 14th time and first time since A.J. Hawk (153) in 2013 that a Green Bay player has reached 150 tackles in a season.
- Martinez registered 10-plus tackles in eight games during the 2017 season (12 vs. Cincinnati, 13 at Dallas, 14 at Minnesota, 15 vs. New Orleans, 12 vs. Detroit, career-high 17 at Pittsburgh, 10 vs. Tampa Bay, 11 vs. Minnesota).
- The Packers held their opponent to less than 65 yards rushing in three straight games (Weeks 9-11). It marked just the sixth time since the 1970 AFL-NFL merger that Green Bay limited its opponent to less than 65 rushing yards in at least three consecutive games.
- In Week 9, Green Bay held Detroit to 64 yards on 33 carries (1.9 avg.), marking just the fourth time since the merger that the Packers allowed 65 or fewer rushing yards on 30-plus attempts by an opponent: 11/5/78, at Philadelphia, 30-51 (1.7 avg.) / 10/22/78, at Minnesota, 32-60 (1.9 avg.) / 10/5/09, at Minnesota, 30-63 (2.1 avg.).
- According to STATS, the Packers were one of four teams to have two defensive tackles (
Mike Daniels, 5.0 and Kenny Clark, 4.5) record fourplus sacks each during the 2017 season (Dallas: David Irving, 7.0 and Tyrone Crawford, 4.0 / Los Angeles Rams: Aaron Donald, 11.0 and Michael Brockers, 4.5 / Tampa Bay: Gerald McCoy, 6.0 and Clinton McDonald, 5.0).
This is an abbreviated version of the Dope Sheet. Read the full version here (PDF)
AT THE HELM
Having led Green Bay to the playoffs in nine of his first 12 seasons as head coach, Mike McCarthy is joined by Vince Lombardi and Mike Holmgren as the only coaches to guide the Packers to a Super Bowl win with a victory over Pittsburgh in Super Bowl XLV.
- McCarthy’s 121 regular-season wins in his first 12 years as a head coach (2006-17) are No. 4 in NFL history (according to the Elias Sports Bureau).
- McCarthy guided the Packers to a franchise-record fourth consecutive division title in 2014. In his 12 seas Men’s Customized Toronto Blue Jays Majestic Flexbase Authentic Alternate Royal Blue Jersey ons, he has won six division titles, tying Lombardi for the second most in franchise history.
- With a win at Tampa Bay in Week 16 of the 2014 season, McCarthy passed Lombardi for the No. 2 spot in team history as far as overall victories.
- The 131 overall wins are the most in the NFC and the third most in the NFL since 2006 (New England, 166 / Pittsburgh, 132).
- In Week 6 of the 2017 season, McCarthy recorded his 200th career game as a head coach (including the postseason), Having compiled 128 victories, he tied Bud Grant and Chuck Noll for the sixth-most wins by a head coach through 200 games: Don Shula, 149 / Joe Gibbs, 138 / George Halas, 134 / Tony Dungy, 130 / Curly Lambeau, 130.
- McCarthy reached 100 career wins (including playoffs) in just his 155th game. He was the fastest to reach 100 wins in the NFL since George Seifert in 1996 (132 games).
- McCarthy recorded his third regular season with 12-plus wins in 2014 (2007, 2011), passing Lambeau (1929, 1931), Lombardi (1962, 1966), Holmgren (1996-97) and Mike Sherman (2001-02) for the most by a coach in franchise history.
- McCarthy has guided the Packers to five seasons with 11-plus wins (2007, 2009, 2011-12, 2014), passing Lombardi (1961-63, 1966) and Holmgren (1995-98) for the most by a coach in franchise history.
- McCarthy’s eight regular seasons with 10-plus wins are a franchise record (since 1921). Among current NFL head coaches, only Bill Belichick (17) and Andy Reid (12) have more 10-plus-win seasons.
- McCarthy is the only coach in franchise history to post three or more consecutive 10-win seasons twice in his career (2009-12, 2014-16).
- McCarthy joined Pittsburgh’s Bill Cowher (2005) as the only Super Bowl-winning coaches to lead their respective teams to three road wins as the No. 6 seed in the postseason en route to a world title.
- Including playoffs, McCarthy has a 131-78-1 record since taking over as head coach in 2006, a .626 winning percentage that ranks No. 3 among current NFL head coaches (minimum 100 games).
- McCarthy has coached in 210 games (including playoffs), No. 2 in team history behind Lambeau (339 from 1921-49).
- In the Week 6 victory over the San Diego Chargers in 2015, McCarthy earned the 100th regular-season win of his career in just his 150th game, making him the seventh-fastest coach in NFL history and the fastest current NFL coach to reach the 100-win plateau.
- Since McCarthy took over in 2006, the Packers rank No. 3 in the NFL in regular-season winning percentage.
- Green Bay’s seven 10-win regular seasons since 2009 are No. 2 in the NFL.